Trying to domesticate her girls, my mother decided that once we reached high school, we would have to sew to get our clothing allowance. Being the fourth daughter, by the time I reached high school, my mom had given up on this practice. She found that forcing her daughters to sew was really just wasting her money and accumulating more unused fabric in the house. She would always help me sew shorts and pajama pants for our church's annual girls camp, but other than that, I never did much sewing.
Man how things have changed. With Jocelyn's birth, I feel like I have weekly sewing project and I am learning to LOVE sewing.
Here is what I created this week. This cover is $50 at the mall, and our funds would not allow that right now...so I took Daniel to the mall and had him roughly measure it with his hand and just burned the image in my mind, then came home and sewed it.

It turned out great...and I didn't spend the $50 for it!
2 comments:
What a great project! I am totally impressed. You and Elizabeth need to get together, she has does some amazing stuff. I am lucky to have my mom around, so I have not picked up on the habit!
I love the cover! You picked the perfect carseat, we got the same one for Lucy. It's so much better than the one we had for Lillie. It's so exciting to have your little princess home! I remember with Lillie we were in the NICU for a week and we were so excited to go home. You must have been over joyed!
Post a Comment