Saturday, July 13, 2013

How I Love Summer

This has been such a fun summer. There are times that life drags on like molasses and there are times it just flies by before you can even catch a breath. I feel this summer has been the latter. Summer for us truly kicked of with our Indiana/Florida vacation. We had an amazing time with family and sadly I discovered one can be allergic to their bathing suit...seriously. As soon as we returned to Iowa I thought our pace would decelerate, but it still hasn't and it is now mid July. I must say that this return to Iowa was the first time I was not feeling slightly homesick for Indiana. I really feel like Iowa has become my home...and it is a very good home. Our summer has been filled with visits to Lindsay 's to meet her new puppy, symphony performances, fireworks, visits to the pool,farmers markets, swimming lessons, and fairs. One of the things I love most about Ankeny is how many things they offer its residents. There are movies in the park, festivals, baseball games, park days, farmers markets, etc. For a one income family it is so nice to have so many forms of free entertainment. I just am thrilled with this little town! Well I really want to remember all of the fun we are having...so I am rededicating myself to my blogging journal. I want to remember how cute my little ones are at this stage and all of the fun times we have together...so here it goes...take number two.

No comments: